👋 Hi, I'm Abby! Welcome to my website!
I'm an undergraduate student at the University of Michigan studying computer science and business administration with an emphasis in marketing. Passionate about human-centered design, social impact, education equity, and mental health awareness.
- "Troy High DECA Chapter Sweeps Virtual State Competition" (Patch, 2021)
- "2021 Regional Finalists" (Coca-Cola Scholars, 2021)
- "Troy School District students named Coca-Cola Scholars semifinalists" (Troy Times, 2021)
- "Four Hundred U.S. High School Women Are Recognized for Technological Achievements" (National Center for Women & Information Technology, 2021)
- "Students Team Up to Solve Global STEM Alliance Challenges"
(The New York Academy of Sciences, 2020)
- "2020 TechGirls Virtual Camp" (TechGirls U.S. Dept. of State, 2020)
- "Troy students win big at Women in Tech web design contest" (Troy-Somerset Gazette, 2020)
Individual Research Project (AP Research - AP Capstone Diploma)
Evaluates 35 local restaurants in an objective manner to study the hypothesis that numerical correlation between local restaurant public star-ranking and website quality. Uses Google Sheets and Google Lighthouse to analyze data based on the Web Assessment Index. Discusses implications of results for customers, restaurant owners, and web designers.
1st Place: Sustainable Chain of Transportation
Researched and designed an environmentally-friendly Lithium-air battery, vehicle, app, and policies to match specific transportation needs with the most efficient solutions, reducing the carbon footprint. Presented to sponsors (the IVA and Volvo Group) and to the public at the Global STEM Alliance Summit.
- The future of technology in business, healthcare, and education
- Education and work in the extended reality worlds
- Human-centered user experience design in business development
- The psychology behind marketing and social media